As summer approaches the Boston area, the buzz of activity is beginning to increase. Whether you’ve been living in Boston for years and want to refresh on the fun things to do or you’re new to the area, we’re here to help.
Check out some of the fun summer activities that await you in Boston or even at Waterstone at the Circle.
Boston is full of fun events, festivals, and things to see and do. If you’re ready for a summer of fun and exploration, try out some of the suggestions below.
Before setting out on your journey, however, make sure to check the opening and closing hours, costs, whether or not there is wheelchair accessibility if needed, and ensure you’re dressed for the occasion. Once you’ve done all that, you’re ready to go wherever your adventurous spirit is taking you.
Boston is rich with history, and it’s just waiting for you to explore.
- Try a guided history tour of Boston Harbor
- Visit the Bunker Hill Monument
- Check out Beacon Hill
- Relax on Boston Common, the oldest city park in the United States
- Walk along the Freedom Trail
- Tour the Paul Revere House
- Explore the Boston Tea Party Ships and Museum
- Visit the USS Constitution Museum and ship
- Check out the Navy Yard
If you’re a social butterfly, Boston is a great place to be because you can easily find opportunities to engage with others. Try:
- Attending social mixers
- Joining area senior centers
- Volunteering your time or talents
- Working part time or full time
- Joining a club or organization
- Shopping or dining with friends at the Prudential Center
- Starting your own club or group
- Taking your furry friend to a dog park
Whether you love to try new things or you’re looking for ways to learn and get involved, cultural events are a great way to do so. Even better, they abound in Boston. Check out the range of things to do in the area, including:
- Film and music festivals
- Comedy shows
- Outdoor concerts
- Night markets and block parties
- Events at the Boston Public Library
- Visits to the Museum of Science and the New England Aquarium
- Performances and events at TD Garden or Fenway Park
- Farmers Markets
Are you a sports lover? Boston is a wonderful place for sports, especially during the summer.
- Catch a game at Fenway Park
- Cheer on the Celtics and the Bruins at TD Garden
- Brush up on your golf game in our surrounding area’s golf courses
No matter your interests, there are plenty of ways to get outdoors in Boston.
- Enjoy walking tours
- Take a Boston Duck Tour
- Participate in a guided bird tour
- Take a horticulture tour along the Charles River Esplanade
- Have a picnic on Boston Common
- Take the grandkids to a public park or playground
- Walk along the Boston Harbor
- Have a drink outdoors in a Boston beer garden
- Visit one of many local gardens
Waterstone at the Circle’s prime location in Boston makes it easy to enjoy everything the area has to offer, but there are plenty of summer activities that can be done at Waterstone at the Circle as well.
- Spend time with friends on the patio
- Enjoy walks in the park
- Play a game of cornhole
- Savor outdoor dining with family and friends
- Host an outdoor game night
- Take your book club outdoors
- Try outdoor yoga or tai chi
And, should you want to explore beyond our doors, our transportation services help you get on your way.
Waterstone at the Circle offers seniors the opportunity to live carefree lifestyles with the ability to travel, explore and live to the fullest. As they adventure and fill their days with fun, they experience peace of mind knowing their rental apartments are being looked after, their needs are being met, and they can live worry-free.
For more local, fun summer activities or to learn more about activities offered at Waterstone at the Circle, visit our website.
Schedule a visit today to learn more about our premier independent living community designed to enrich life for seniors 62 and over. Waterstone at the Circle offers beautiful rental apartments as well as access to supportive care services on site.