From historical sites and buildings to cultural events, seasonal fun, and more, there’s so much to enjoy in Lexington. Below are some of the top activities for seniors in Lexington, Massachusetts.
1. Visit Historical Sites
Our area is rich in history. Take a step back in time, from guided tours to historical sites and more.
- Tour the Battle Green
- Explore the Scottish Rite Masonic Museum & Library National Heritage Museum
- Visit the U.S.S. Lexington Memorial
- See the Minuteman Statue
- Tour The Old Burying Ground
- Visit The Belfry
- Learn about the history of our area at The Depot or the Lexington Visitors Center
- Visit Minute Man National Historical Park
- Take a Liberty Ride Trolly Tour with a narrated tour through the history of Lexington and Concord
2. Tour the Gardens at Elm Bank
Run by the Massachusetts Horticultural Society, the Gardens at Elm Bank combines beauty, contemplation, exploration, history, and more. This is a perfect way to spend a day featuring classes and programs, natural beauty, and opportunities to learn.
3. Enjoy the Symphony
Lexington has a wonderful symphony right in its own backyard. With various shows, events depending on the season, and various educational programs, this is a great way to get involved in the community, enjoy the arts and support our local musicians.
4. Tour Historical Buildings
Visit various pre-Revolutionary war buildings, including:
- The Buckman Tavern, the oldest tavern in Lexington
- The Hancock-Clarke House, which was the destination of Paul Revere and William Dawes the night they rode to warn Samuel Adams and John Hancock about the British soldiers coming
- The Munroe Tavern, where President Washington dined in 1789
5. Visit the Farmers Market
Open through October 31, the farmers market provides opportunities for visitors, friends, and families.
- Purchase fresh fruit and vegetables while supporting local farms and vendors
- Buy meat, cheese, eggs, and other specialty foods to take home and cook
- Enjoy various bread and baked goods with friends and family
- Pick up the perfect gift for a loved one at the Artisans’ Tent
- Enjoy entertainment with grandkids
6. Take a Fall Foliage Tour
When Autumn arrives, our beautiful area comes alive with red, orange, and yellow foliage. A destination for many fall lovers, you’re sure to find a plethora of things to do and fall events to enjoy.
7. Enjoy Nature with Walking Paths and Bike Trails
Whether you love to walk, ride your bike, jog, or simply enjoy the beauty nature holds, there are a variety of paths that can accomplish your goals. Check them out by clicking the link above and get inspired to get outdoors.
8. Attend Fall Festivals
The change of seasons doesn’t mean a decrease in fun. Lexington offers a range of festivals and cultural events for the whole community to enjoy. Be sure to check out the 30th Annual Fine Arts and Crafts Festival.
9. Explore the Lexington Arts and Crafts Society
Speaking of arts and crafts, the Lexington Arts and Crafts Society is a great way to explore your talents, embrace your passions and really enjoy the art that others create. Consider taking a class, viewing an exhibit, or even volunteering.
Featuring a movie theater upstairs, you can view the latest films or rent the theater out for private showings, events, and gaming.
11. Spend Time at Waterstone of Lexington
Although there’s so much to do around town in Lexington, there’s even more within our community. Residents in our community enjoy the following:
- Working out in our indoor heated pool and fitness staffed with Train Boston® fitness and aquatic instructors
- Savoring delicious dining events
- Exploring nature on our outdoor walking paths
- Pampering in our full-service salon
- Catching a movie in our theater
- Using our putting green
- Gathering with friends around our firepit
- Gardening in our raised vegetable and herb garden
- Attending regularly scheduled cultural, social and recreational programs and educational seminars
- Taking in a new read in the library or at a book club
- Playing games with friends
At Waterstone of Lexington, there’s always something new and fun to do. Schedule a tour and see for yourself! Call us today at 781.996.0601.