Summer is the perfect time to get out and explore the many available indoor and outdoor activities for seniors in the Lexington area and beyond. If you’re looking for ideas, we’ve got plenty, so read on for some great activity inspiration.
History buffs love being in Lexington. If history is your passion:
- Visit the Lexington Minuteman Statue
- Take a walking tour of the Lexington Battle Green
- Tour one of the many historical homes and taverns
- Explore local history at the Lexington Historical Society
If you’re looking to enjoy the fresh air and the beauty of nature:
- Check out Mass Audubon’s Habitat Education Center and Wildlife Sanctuary
- Go bird-watching at Waltham Western Greenway Trail
- Visit the waterfall of Beaver Brook Reservation
- Take the grandkids to the local park, splash pads, and playgrounds
If you find reading or writing to be an enjoyable activity, you’ll love Concord.
- Host your book club at Walden Pond, where Henry David Thoreau lived and wrote about the changing of the seasons
- Visit Louisa May Alcott’s Orchard House
- Tour the Ralph Waldo Emerson Home
- Check out The Old Manse Home, where Ralph Waldo Emerson and Nathaniel Hawthorne lived
Food can trigger positive memories, so why not make some new ones by dining in Winchester?
- Visit A Tavola for Italian food
- Enjoy a pub experience at Black Horse Tavern or First House Pub
- Try something new at Eleni’s Mediterranean Grille
If you’re like many older adults who want to pursue lifelong learning, Cambridge is the place to do it.
- Visit the Harvard Art Museums
- Explore the Harvard Museum of Natural History
- Check out the architecture at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT)
- Wander through the MIT Museum
Seniors can stay attune to the arts in Arlington with:
- The Cyrus Dallin Art Museum
- A visit to The Regent Theatre
- Movies at the Capitol Theatre
- A production from Arlington Friends of the Drama
Put Codman Community Farms on your list of destinations this summer to enjoy:
- Engaging programs with the grandkids
- U-pick flowers to display in your home
- Gardening in the community garden
Waterstone of Lexington offers a modern approach to retirement living in a historical setting with concierge services and impressive amenities. Come see how we redefine independent living and assisted living with a visit today.